TRW Automotive ranks among the world's largest and most diversified suppliers of automotive systems, modules and components to global vehicle manufacturers and related aftermarkets.
- $16.4 billion annual sales in 2012
- Strategically focused product portfolio about 90% of 2012 sales derived from safety-related products
- Industry-leading sales diversification
- Customers include all major vehicle manufacturers across the primary automotive producing regions
- Market leadership positions in most primary product lines
The Company conducts all of its operations through its subsidiaries and along four operating segments.
- 2012 sales of $10.4 billion or 63.4% of total sales
- Primary products include steering gears, foundation brakes, brake control (ABS, electronic stability control and traction control systems) and suspension systems
Occupant Safety Systems
- 2012 sales of $3.5 billion or 21.4% of sales
- Primary products include airbags, seat belts, safety electronics and steering wheels
- 2012 sales of $1.8 billion or 10.9% of sales
- Primary products include body controls, engine valves and engineered fasteners
- 2012 sales of $0.7 billion or 9.2% of sales
- Primary products include safety and sensor electronics and RF electronics
As of December 31, 2012, the Company had over 65,000 employees.
TRW operates in 25 countries with principal executive offices located in Livonia, Michigan.
Research, Development and Engineering
We operate a global network of technical centers worldwide, which allows us to develop automotive active and passive technologies while improving existing products and systems