TRW Automotive ranks among the world's largest and most diversified suppliers of automotive systems, modules and components to global vehicle manufacturers and related aftermarkets.
- $17.4 billion annual sales in 2013
- Strategically focused product portfolio about 90% of 2013 sales derived from safety-related products
- Industry-leading sales diversification
- Customers include all major vehicle manufacturers across the primary automotive producing regions
- Market leadership positions in most primary product lines
The Company conducts all of its operations through its subsidiaries and along four operating segments.
- 2013 sales of $ 11.5 billion or 66% of total sales
- Our Chassis Systems segment focuses on the design, manufacture and sale of products and systems relating to braking, steering, modules and linkage and suspension
Occupant Safety Systems
- 2013 sales of $3.3 billion or 19% of sales
- Our Occupant Safety Systems segment focuses on the design, manufacture and sale of products and systems relating to airbags, seat belts, and steering wheels
- 2013 sales of $1.9 billion or 11% of sales
- Our Automotive Components segment focuses on the design, manufacture and sale of body controls, engine valves, and engineered fasteners and components
- 2013 sales of $0.7 billion or 4% of sales
- Our Electronics segment focuses on the design, manufacture and sale of electronics components and systems in the areas of safety, chassis, radio frequency (“RF”), powertrain, and camera- and radar-based driver assistance
As of December 31, 2013, the Company has more than 65,000 employees.
TRW operates in 24 countries with principal executive offices located in Livonia, Michigan.
Research, Development and Engineering
We operate a global network of technical centers worldwide, which allows us to develop automotive active and passive technologies while improving existing products and systems.